Occasionally pronounced /ˌjɒɡjəˈkɑːrtə/ or /ˌjoʊɡjəˈkɑːrtə/ also Jogja or Jogjakarta, formerly Dutch : Djokjakarta/Djocjakarta or Djokja) is a city on the island of Java in Indonesia.
It is renowned as a centre of education (Kota Pelajar), classical javanese fine art and culture such as batik, ballet, drama, music, poetry and puppet shows.
Large majority of the population are native javanese. However, as a city with large numbers of schools and universities and relatively low cost of living compared to other Indonesian cities, Yogyakarta has attracted large numbers of students from all over Indonesia. As a result, there are many other Indonesian ethnics groups living in Yogyakarta.
Climate in Yogyakarta features tropical wet and dry climate. The annual temperature is roughly about 26 to 27 Celsius. The hottest month is April with average temperature 27.1 Celsius.
Yogyakarta has become an important tourist destination in Indonesia because of its proximity to the Borobudur, Prambanan temples and Kraton Yogyakarta.
- Prambanan in Sleman
- Taman Sari
- Prehistoric volcanic sediment at Candi Ijo in Sleman
- Sand dunes at Parangtritis in Bantul
- Wediombo- Siung Beach in Gunung Kidul
- Kalisuci Cave in Semanu, Gunung Kidul
- Pindul Cave in Gunung Kidul
- Timang Beach in Gunung Kidul
- Krakal Beach in Gunung Kidul
- Pinus Pengger Forest Dlingo Bantul
- Becici Peak Bantul
Some of the famous cultural aspects of Yogyakarta are :
- Batik fabric production area. The most famous batik marketplace is Beringharjo market.
- Silverwork, fine filigree jewellery, the production center is in Kota Gede
- Traditional Javanese dance performance, especially Ramayana Wayang wong dance performed in Prambanan and Purowisata. Other Javanese court dances are also performed in the Kraton.
- Wayang kulit, a traditional Javanese leather puppetry used for shadow plays.
- Contemporary puppetry and theatre, for example the Papermoon Puppet Theatre
- Gamelan music, including the local Gamelan Yogyakarta which was developed in the courts.
- Annual traditional Javanese festivals such as Sekaten or Gerebeg Mulud.
Visual artists including the Taring Padi community in Bantul.
- Gudeg : a traditional food from Yogyakarta is drier and has a reddish coloring.
- Sego kucing : rice with small side dishes.
- Mung bean cake : a sweet pastry filled with sugared mung bean paste. Derived from Chinese pastry. The famous bakpia producing area is Pathok near Jalan Malioboro.
- Ronde (wedhang ronde) : a hot Javanese dessert containing glutinous rice balls stuffed with peanut paste, floating in a hot and sweet ginger and lemongrass tea.
- Wedhang Uwuh : a hot Javanese drink of clove leaves.
The city is located on one of the two major railway lines across Java between Jakarta or Bandung and Surabaya. It has two passenger railway stations, Tugu railway station which serves business and executive class trains and Lempuyangan Station which serves economy class trains.
Since early 2008, the city has operated a bus rapid transit system called Trans Jogja. Trans Jogja operates from 5:30 am until 9:30 pm.
In this site you can download map Trans Jogja Yogyakarta city http://dishub.jogjaprov.go.id/trans-jogja
- Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
Elegantly set in the heart of Yogyakarta, close to Malioboro Street, the majestic building of The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta, dating back to 1918, revisits in style the classical bygone era with a fusion of Asian and European decor.
This MGallery by Sofitel boutique hotel, features a restaurant, a wine bar offering creative cocktails, a terrace overlooking an open courtyard, an inviting swimming pool, an indulgent day spa and modern conferencing facilities for your exclusive experience.
Ideal for travelers in search of unique and memorable experiences, the hotel location is ideal to travel over Yogyakarta. Discover the Sultan Palace in 10 minutes, Taman Sari water castle and Kota Gede silver craft makers in 15 minutes. The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta is 10 minutes walking or cycling distance to Malioboro, the vibrant shopping street. Adore the beautiful sunrise at Borobudur temple by 40 minutes road trip or be enchanted by Prambanan temple in 20 minutes. Distance from venue 4,4 km (15 mins drive)
2. Cakra Kembang Hotel Yogyakarta
is one of the best hotels in Yogyakarta which has a minimalist design modern building located on the street right in front Resto Ground Iga Bakar, in front of the hotel there is also a Circle K convenience store, which will facilitate you in meeting the daily needs.
Cakra Kembang Hotel Yogyakarta is located in Road Ground adjacent to interesting places and tourist attractions. Gadjah Mada University (UGM), Malioboro, Yogyakarta Sultanate Palace and everything is just a few minutes from the hotel. Reach the hotel about 20 minutes’ drive from the center of Yogyakarta and 20 minutes from Yogyakarta Adisucipto Airport.
We offer a meeting room, restaurant, and 24-hour room service. It is also equipped with a lobby, a 24-hour check-out, hotel security, free WiFi hotspot access, and laundry and dry cleaning. In addition, to meet the needs of guests, the hotel has facilities such as mini markets, travel agents, doctors 24 hours, taxi and car rental as well as a business center.
Distance from venue 3,3 km (13 mins drive)
3. Harper Mangkubumi Hotel Yogyakarta
The Heart of Yogyakarta is where Harper Mangkubumi is located, surrounded by historical buildings, fantastic local eateries and batik shopping.
The hotel is also just a short stroll from Malioboro Street, the Royal Palace, and the Tugu Train Station. Extraordinary Place for your Business and Leisure Purpose, with a total of 131 rooms distributed in several types such as Harper Suite, Junior Suite, Deluxe and Superior; Harper Mangkubumi also completed with 1 ballroom that can accommodate up to 438 people and 5 cozy meeting rooms, free WiFi connection and airport pick up from Adisucipto International Airport.
Rustic yet Infused Modern and Cozy room concept with the smallest size from 20 sqm to 66 sqm that offers full facility such as bed room, 42” LCD TV, study desk, WiFi, air conditioner, mini bar, tea & coffee maker, safety box, full bathroom amenities, hair dryer, electricity 220 V and slippers.
Just relax and have fun with our facilities, such as Spa, Outdoor Pool, Kids Pool and Rustik Bistro and bar, one of the best culinary choice for the people of Yogyakarta. Distance from venue 3,3 km (11 mins drive)
4. Pop Hotel Yogyakarta
This downtown budget hotel is 1.3 km from both Station Yogyakarta train station and shopping along Jalan Malioboro, and 1.5 km from Gadjah Mada University.
Minimalist rooms with brightly colored accents offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and pull-out sofas. Complimentary items include a breakfast buffet and parking. There’s also a business center, a dining room/TV lounge and a terrace. Distance from venue 3,3 km (12 mins drive)
5. MM UGM Hotel Yogyakarta
located very strategically in the center of the prestigious UGM campus. This hotel has 138 rooms consisting of 47 Superior, 68 Deluxe and 23 Executive. Equipped with 8 Meeting rooms, 24 hours restaurant, free wifi, laundry, and the friendliness of its staff make guests who stay here to “feel like home”.
6. University Club (UC) Hotel Yogyakarta
The University Club (UC) Hotel is a hotel with unique ambiance on offer. You can experience Atmosphere of Education in the environment of Gadjah Mada University as the oldest university in Indonesia. With various facilities, we try to give satisfaction and unforgettable experience while in Yogyakarta as Education City.
University Club Hotel as Gadjah Mada University hotel which was established since 1960 is often used to entertain guests of UGM from various institutions from across Indonesia and abroad. So UC Hotel has historical values that are not forgotten by various institutions in Indonesia.
UC Hotel’s location is very strategic, as it is close to Jogjakarta city center and easily accessible because it passes all bus transportation line in Jogjakarta.
- 15 minutes from Adi Sucipto airport
- 7 minutes to train station Tugu
- 8 minutes to Malioboro
- 15 minutes to Kraton Jogjakarta, Taman Sari, Monument Jogja Kembali
- 45 minutes to Parangtritis Beach
To book a room please visit :
|Hotel Harper Mangkubumi||https://www.harperhotels.com/en/hotel/view/50/harper-mangkubumi|
|Hotel MM UGM||www.mmugmhotel.com|